Skip to main content

Gift for NEXT YEAR. Thoughts?

I'm thinking of having a little book made for my BF. Thoughts?

​

I was at college over a year before we met.

You didn’t even exist in my small world for the entirety of the first year…

But you made my second, and third, and fourth years of college oh so special.

I was alone. You know how good I am at isolating myself from other people. It takes a lot for me to make a friend.

The year you came, I started off the first semester by inviting everyone on our floor to my room for a game of Werewolf. You were invited, too. Knowing you now, I’m disappointed you didn’t come, but I think you were probably playing WOW. My plan didn’t catch me any friends. Only acquaintances. And it didn’t catch me you.

At first, I never even saw you. I worked in the lobby a lot at night and you were never there. Eventually though, you made your friends. You’re good at that. Very gregarious, you are.

Your group came to the lobby, and eventually, you came to me when you got bored. You would talk to me, and keep me company.

We talked for a long while before you asked me out. Even talked all winter break and through January.

I gave myself a buzz-cut over break, and you lied and told me it looked good.

We started hanging out in my room after our first date in February. Most of the time we were watching movies. I couldn’t help but to think you were more interesting than “Batteries Not Included”.

We had a lot of fun that night. I don’t think either of us were eve paying much attention to the movie. We started playing around, and we ended up on the carpet. And… you kissed me.

I’d be lying if I said it caught me by surprise. I expected it… but I didn’t respond.

That caught you by surprise. I felt bad that I didn’t reciprocate. As you know now, it was me, not you. You were, and are wonderful. I’m just very guarded.

I had never kissed a boy. Never for real. Never one that I liked like you.

It didn’t take long, and liked became loved. I kept it secret for a while. I loved you.

And eventually, eased into loving you. I learned to cuddle. I learned to kiss. I learned to love you.

I love everything about you.

I love when you sing along to your favorite tunes and I can tell how much they mean to you. I love when you ask me to be big spoon, and I love when you’re cuddled up behind me, too. I love when you share your world with me, even though I don’t get it. I love when we bond over the dumb things. I love that you can share your secrets, and I can share mine. I love that I can always count on you to be there for me, and I love to be there for you.

I’m yours. ~M

submitted by /u/LoveliDovely
[link] [comments]

from ValentinesDay https://ift.tt/2SP40Tv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 12 Best Floral Delivery Services to Easily Order Christmas Flowers Online

If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, WWD may receive an affiliate commission. Few gift ideas have stood the test of time quite like a stunning bouquet of flowers filled with a variety of lush, blooming florals along with sprigs of complimentary greenery. Sending an arrangement of flowers is everyone’s favorite go-to gift idea to spread love on Mother’s Day, a birthday, anniversary, to say thanks, or simply show appreciation for someone special in your life. And at this time of year, sending flowers makes for an always-cherished holiday gift as well. Although fresh bouquets won’t last forever, they’re a heartwarming gift. “Flowers are something that makes everyone smile,” says Emily Reifel, director of social events at The Plaza Hotel in New York City. “With flowers, you don’t have to do anything. It’s easy — it comes, it’s beautiful, and the recipient just gets to enjoy the beauty of it. There’s no work on their end at all.” We’ve ...

Ciara Goes for Gold in JW Anderson Vest for the Singer’s Black Women in Excellence Dinner in London

Ciara opted for utilitarian styling for her Black Women in Excellence Dinner on Sunday in London. The singer was joined by such attendees as Yasmin Evans and Vanessa Kingori, among others, for the special occasion. Ciara wore a design courtesy of Jonathan Anderson’s label, JW Anderson, which was founded by the eponymous designer in 2007. The sleeveless bomber vest featured utilitarian elements, including large pockets at the hips, a zipper down the front placket and a sharp collar. Ciara attends Ciara’s Black Women in Excellence dinner at Isabel Mayfair on June 1 in London. Dave Benett/Getty Images The vest also included an elongated frame. Ciara paired the piece with a coordinated miniskirt featuring similar utilitarian elements. The miniskirt included front pockets and a high-waisted silhouette for added definition. To add some contrast to her attire, Ciara went with a sleeveless black top with a plunging neckline and bustier-style inspiration. When it came to her accessories, Ciara ...

Kobe Bryant and wife ‘had deal to never fly in helicopter together’

The basketball star and his daughter tragically died in a helicopter crash this week Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna both tragically died in a helicopter crash this week. And, while the NBA basketball player would regularly use helicopters to travel around Los Angeles, his wife Vanessa Bryant had previously agreed to never fly with him. A source told PEOPLE: “He and Vanessa had a deal that they would never fly on a helicopter together.” They added that Kobe “only” flew in helicopters with pilot Ara Zobayan , who was among the seven others killed in the crash, alongside Kobe and Gianna. READ MORE CELEBRITY NEWS Kobe and Gianna are survived by Vanessa, and their other daughters Natalia , Bianka , and Capri , who was only born in June last year. Kobe previously revealed he began using helicopters while he still played for the Los Angeles Lakers because bad traffic meant he was missing quality time with his family. He told Alex Rodriguez in 2018: “I was sittin...