Skip to main content

My Valentine's Day

So I work as a bartender at a restaurant that's more known for its bar scene. (Pre-knowledge)

We opened earlier than usual to do Valentine's brunch. Everything was fine. I had to leave for class at 2. Came back around 3:50-4ish. Right as I got behind the counter, tons of couples started to pour into the place. I thought 'Hey, this could be a pretty damn good day after all for a single guy working on V-Day'.....How wrong I was. It took me less than 5 minutes to be able recognize about 50 of my classmates from highschool. All of them with their s/o's. 5 out of the 50 were girls who used me basically like Dane Cook in Good Luck Chuck. And to make things worse, they all came up to me with their s/o's. Some of those guys were kinda fugly lookin. I mean, I ain't super handsome, but I'm at least fairly good looking. So I had to spend an hour with those 10 people. I tolerated it, cuz I knew I was getting paid, and that's all mattered. Finally, at about 6:40ish...my boss FINALLY came over to me while holding up a 6-pack case of beer, and signaled me to come outside. We drank. My liver is ALREADY destroyed, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to actually care. However, my boss failed to remember that I was the ONLY bartender on shift for V-Day, so I had to sober up while serving what I had just put into my body. And if THAT doesn't make things worse, my ex came in with her NOW husband(AND soon-to-be babydaddy). At this point pouring salt into the wound doesn't even come close to my day. It was honestly more like 'Rip off all my skin, and chuck me into the Dead Sea with ALL the salt in there.' Finally, midnight rolls around after a few more hours of "I fucking hate all of you couples." And what does my boss do? He decides to keep the place open a little longer, and cleared the tables off the dancefloor. Mostly for the younger crowd between the ages of 25-36. However, the one thing I did NOT expect to have happen to me, had occurred. One of my college classmates, who's an absolute goddess (Not joking 10,000/10. Would bang endlessly), showed up, in tears. Apparently her boyfriend had actually been 2-timing her. So I asked my boss to let me finally leave. So he did 2 things. 1) Took out a big envelope that was filled to the brim with cash. (Had about 10,000 in it.) 2) He read the situation perfectly, and said yes. So I left with my friend, and we went to my place. I made her some green tea to help calm her nerves, and next thing I knew, she pounced on me, and silently sat on my lap like a small child. So here I am sitting on an armchair with a gorgeous girl sitting on my lap. I didn't panic. I just sat there. But of course, my being the idiot I am, I decided it would be a GREAT idea to pat her head like she was a small child. I'm still punching myself for that. 2 hours later. Here I am now. I'm sitting on the floor while holding my friend's hand as she sleeps on my bed. She's still got tears coming out of her eyes, I can't do anything....except plan how badly I'm going to beat the stuffing out of her now ex. If anyone else is still awake, please, for the love of God, tell me what I SHOULD do right now. Cuz V-Day is over. I got paid really well, but I still have this gaping fucking hole in my heart. But I don't want to do something that I'll end up majorly regretting.

submitted by /u/Mafillim
[link] [comments]

from ValentinesDay http://bit.ly/2TMSedw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 12 Best Floral Delivery Services to Easily Order Christmas Flowers Online

If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, WWD may receive an affiliate commission. Few gift ideas have stood the test of time quite like a stunning bouquet of flowers filled with a variety of lush, blooming florals along with sprigs of complimentary greenery. Sending an arrangement of flowers is everyone’s favorite go-to gift idea to spread love on Mother’s Day, a birthday, anniversary, to say thanks, or simply show appreciation for someone special in your life. And at this time of year, sending flowers makes for an always-cherished holiday gift as well. Although fresh bouquets won’t last forever, they’re a heartwarming gift. “Flowers are something that makes everyone smile,” says Emily Reifel, director of social events at The Plaza Hotel in New York City. “With flowers, you don’t have to do anything. It’s easy — it comes, it’s beautiful, and the recipient just gets to enjoy the beauty of it. There’s no work on their end at all.” We’ve ...

Ciara Goes for Gold in JW Anderson Vest for the Singer’s Black Women in Excellence Dinner in London

Ciara opted for utilitarian styling for her Black Women in Excellence Dinner on Sunday in London. The singer was joined by such attendees as Yasmin Evans and Vanessa Kingori, among others, for the special occasion. Ciara wore a design courtesy of Jonathan Anderson’s label, JW Anderson, which was founded by the eponymous designer in 2007. The sleeveless bomber vest featured utilitarian elements, including large pockets at the hips, a zipper down the front placket and a sharp collar. Ciara attends Ciara’s Black Women in Excellence dinner at Isabel Mayfair on June 1 in London. Dave Benett/Getty Images The vest also included an elongated frame. Ciara paired the piece with a coordinated miniskirt featuring similar utilitarian elements. The miniskirt included front pockets and a high-waisted silhouette for added definition. To add some contrast to her attire, Ciara went with a sleeveless black top with a plunging neckline and bustier-style inspiration. When it came to her accessories, Ciara ...

Kobe Bryant and wife ‘had deal to never fly in helicopter together’

The basketball star and his daughter tragically died in a helicopter crash this week Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna both tragically died in a helicopter crash this week. And, while the NBA basketball player would regularly use helicopters to travel around Los Angeles, his wife Vanessa Bryant had previously agreed to never fly with him. A source told PEOPLE: “He and Vanessa had a deal that they would never fly on a helicopter together.” They added that Kobe “only” flew in helicopters with pilot Ara Zobayan , who was among the seven others killed in the crash, alongside Kobe and Gianna. READ MORE CELEBRITY NEWS Kobe and Gianna are survived by Vanessa, and their other daughters Natalia , Bianka , and Capri , who was only born in June last year. Kobe previously revealed he began using helicopters while he still played for the Los Angeles Lakers because bad traffic meant he was missing quality time with his family. He told Alex Rodriguez in 2018: “I was sittin...